October is Nationwide Breast Most cancers Consciousness Month, an annual motion geared toward addressing the wants of these residing with breast most cancers by elevating funds that assist the neighborhood. SiriusXM is supporting the Susan G. Komen MORE THAN PINK Stroll The place You Are on October 29 with a particular assortment of channels to encourage known as The Energy of Pink.
The high-energy exercise channels on this assortment will assist encourage everybody of their fundraising efforts, as every step brings us nearer to at least one extra new discovery. Come along with contributors from coast to coast within the effort to finish breast most cancers in your neighborhood whereas strolling alongside household, pals, neighbors and extra! Register right now at www.komen.org/nationalwalk.
About Susan G. Komen
Since 1982, Susan G. Komen has emerged as the one group on the forefront main analysis, public coverage initiatives, international schooling and outreach, and offering direct affected person care providers to make the largest influence towards breast most cancers.
Komen has helped scale back the breast most cancers mortality charge by 42% by investing practically $1.1 billion in analysis and greater than $2.3 billion in affected person assist providers, together with schooling, affected person navigation, screening and diagnostic providers and monetary help, serving tens of millions of sufferers in additional than 60 international locations.
Because the trusted well being care information for breast most cancers, Komen is devoted to supporting the breast most cancers neighborhood by accelerating analysis; increasing our influence on public insurance policies via advocacy; offering direct affected person providers that handle the financial, medical, social and emotional influence of a breast most cancers prognosis; and advancing well being fairness for all who face breast most cancers.
Breast Most cancers Info and Stats
• Greater than 44,000 folks within the U.S. are anticipated to die of breast most cancers yearly.
• One particular person within the U.S. dies about each 12 minutes from breast most cancers.
• One in eight girls shall be recognized with breast most cancers in her lifetime. That’s one particular person each two minutes within the U.S.
• Black girls are greater than 40% extra more likely to die from breast most cancers than white girls.
• Breast most cancers is the main explanation for most cancers deaths amongst Hispanic girls.
• Greater than 168,000 individuals are estimated to be residing with metastatic breast most cancers within the U.S.
• Black girls are about 40% extra more likely to die of breast most cancers than white girls.
• At present, there are 3.8 million survivors and other people residing with breast most cancers within the U.S.
For extra info go to komen.org.